Founded in 2015 against the backdrop of shifts in the global financial system, Wachsman is today a trusted advisor and high value partner to a new generation of businesses. With our roots in fintec
Founded in 2015 against the backdrop of shifts in the global financial system, Wachsman is today a trusted advisor and high value partner to a new generation of businesses.
With our roots in fintech-stronghold New York, and bases in Singapore and Dublin, we operate from the frontlines of the new economy. From these innovation hubs, we guide clients as they embark on unprecedented journeys, helping them take on local, regional, and international markets across the Americas, EMEA, and the APAC region.
Our team has unparalleled experience and expertise in bleeding edge technology, emerging and established business landscapes, as well as traditional financial and policy circles. Blending world-class service with a belief in the “new”, we guide visionary businesses as they establish and defend their position as leaders in a digital and decentralized age.
Born in the blockchain industry, Wachsman is a leading public relations partner to companies facing important regulatory questions but are often on the outside looking in. To truly protect an organization, we need to engage our clients with an expanded set of capabilities and value propositions.
The proliferation of new technologies has captured the attention of regulators and businesses across the globe, with both sides increasingly looking to engage the other.
We are presented with a generational opportunity to shape regional and global policy in a time of unprecedented technological change.
While Wachsman already provides Public Affairs services to its clients in practice, we are looking to formalise that product offering with the launch of a new Public Affairs division.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial candidate to get in at the ground level and build something extraordinary.
- Planning and executing highly successful Public Affairs campaigns
- Integrating Public Affairs campaigns with clients’ broader strategic communications and marketing initiatives
- Helping to develop and implement internal best practices and resources for the successful delivery of Public Affairs services
- Helping to build and train a team capable of delivering an expanded Public Affairs offering
- Creating organic and incremental revenue growth through the effective marketing of Wachsman’s expanded offering
- Supporting the Directors and senior team in the growth of the business
- Ability to provide counsel and strategy for branding, reputation management, and crisis communications; ability to embrace and understand the principles of global media relations
- Demonstrates commitment to the industry, agency, and clients by mastering industry knowledge and understanding clients’ businesses
- Mapping and presenting clients’ priority stakeholders, audiences and decision-makers, in particular government, public bodies, regulators, and NGOs
- Possesses the capability to support the creation, editing, and approval of stakeholder-facing materials, messaging, strategic plans, briefing documents, and research reports for clients, as well as and deal with challenging, technical enquiries from clients, new business, and external organizations
- Advising on the political and regulatory landscape across EMEA
- Analysing and interpreting legislative proposals, their broad market relevance, and their relevance to clients’ specific business cases
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 6+ years recent strategic communications experience, ideally in an agency environment, and including lead roles in successful Public Affairs campaigns. This is a requirement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in government relations activities, guiding clients as they face regulatory hurdles and corporate citizenship campaigns
- Knowledge of finance and/or technology sector preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities for clients
- Excellent knowledge of the political and regulatory environment relevant to organisations operating in EMEA and understanding of the media landscape
- Ability to communicate complex information in a concise and clear form
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Crisis communications experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams
- Excellent interpersonal/soft skills
- Motivated to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of social, organizational and professional standards in job-related activities