Designing, creating the systems required to operate a global blockchain network. Creating sophisticated data pipelines and self-healing systems....
At TradeIX, DevOps is key to successfully engineering the next generation of trade finance software. Our software is using a blend of cutting edge & tried and tested technologies. Building a robust and scalable network is our core goal, and as a DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for a broad range of software development activities, from inception to launch. We are building the tools behind the platform which will revolutionize trade finance.
As a result of our success, we are expanding and looking for deeply technical people to join us to help build and grow our team. This is a permanent position, and you will be joining the Engineering team based in our headquarters in Dublin city centre, though we are all currently working remotely. We have a 12-man global team with plans to grow to 20 this year.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn the latest and greatest technologies and to grow as an engineer. It is also a chance to get in at the ground floor of one of the most exciting fintech start-ups in Europe. We need technically gifted people who are creative and excellent communicators, but who also exhibit a great attitude and energy. As a small company, we expect all our hires to effect change and drive the company forward, that has at its core transaction transparency, security and integrity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building robust and scalable systems.
- Designing, creating the systems required to operate a global blockchain network.
- Creating sophisticated data pipelines and self-healing systems.
- Automating everything.
- Improving systems + network reliability through chaos engineering.
- Advancing systems + network observability.
- Creating and maintaining machine learning systems.
What you will bring to the role:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a relevant field of study is preferred but not required.
- 1+ years of experience designing, building and tuning infrastructure systems.
- 1+ years of experience operating complex software systems.
- Hands-on experience with any of the following:
- Containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Coding and scripting (Golang, Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Databases (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Observability tools (Prometheus, Kibana, Jaeger, Grafana)
- Data Pipelines (Spark, Kafka)
- Networking (Kong, F5, Nginx etc)
- Cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- An appreciation for the need to balance commercial and technical implications around solution designs.
- An understanding of the difference between ‘science’ and ‘engineering’ and when to apply each.