Are you interested in joining a revolutionary, fast-paced and innovative environment? About us For decades, the clearing of financial transactions remained unchanged and unchallenged. We asked, ‘Wha
Are you interested in joining a revolutionary, fast-paced and innovative environment?
For decades, the clearing of financial transactions remained unchanged and unchallenged. We asked, ‘What if there was a better way? What if we could make those transactions faster, safer, more reliable and accessible to all?’
Our pioneering approach has opened the door to innovation, enabling our partners to thrive. We continue to ask, ‘What if…?’ every day, working with our partners to bring their powerful financial services to everyone from shopkeepers and savers to businesses and institutions.
It’s the skill and enterprise of our own people that make this happen, and it’s Clear.Bank’s belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means they have opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to our partners’ success. For more about Clear.Bank, check out our website here.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an Assistant Manager – Financial Crime – Customer Portfolio Risk to be responsible for supporting the FC CPR Manager on all Customer Portfolio Risk matters. This includes being responsible for completing enhanced due diligence on higher-risk prospects and customers and conducting complex customer case analysis, presenting the recommendations at Customer Committee. You will also prepare papers and reports on customer portfolio risks. As a key member of the wider Operations Department, you will be expected to support the other areas in specific projects or adhoc analysis and recommendations.
A high level of stakeholder engagement will be key to the success of this role. Your key stakeholders will be the Head of Operations, to whom the FC CPR Manager reports to, 2nd line FCC and the Head of FCC/MLRO, Client Management, Onboarding, FC Intelligence & Investigations, and QC.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete enhanced due diligence on an ongoing basis on higher-risk prospects and customers, including onsite visits and / or calls with prospects or customers, where applicable
- Perform thorough analysis and issue recommendations for 2nd Line FCC on complex customer referrals from Client Management
- Represent FC CPR on Customer Committee, being responsible for submitting higher-risk prospects recommendation
- Support the FC CPR Manager completing regular analysis to the customer portfolio risk exposure
- Prepare and submit papers and reports to 2nd line FCC and senior management as well as any internal Committees on relevant customer portfolio risks
- Advise 2nd line FCC and Operations areas Client Management and senior management on any Customer Portfolio Risk matters, ensuring compliance with AML Standards and FCC Policies and Procedures
- Support the FC CPR Manager and 2nd line FCC on the review, drafting and embedding of any FCC Policies and Procedures
- Support the FC CPR Manager on the analysis of quality control, quality assurance and independent audit reports concerning customer portfolio risks, and recommend adequate action plans to address any weaknesses detected
We’re looking for an all-rounder who is motivated by a fast-paced environment and isn’t afraid to bring new ideas to the team. And you’ll be joining the 1 fastest growing tech company in the UK, according to Deloitte Fast 50.
You have got to be passionately curious, as you will often find yourself learning about concepts that you might not have been exposed to in the past. We are looking for someone who is always up for a challenge.
The successful candidate will need to have strong technical knowledge of correspondent banking products, and experience completing enhanced due diligence and transactional analysis with respect to correspondent banking, MSBs and crypto-assets businesses. You should be comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment, with a high degree of change, managing numerous concurring priorities, and be comfortable preparing papers and reports for senior audiences. The ability to speak additional languages, specifically Dutch will also be highly beneficial.
Core Skills and Experience needed:
- Strong knowledge of anti-financial crime regulatory requirements in the EU and UK
- Proven technical knowledge in any one of the following: Correspondent banking customers and products, including different payment schemes and payment channels / Non-banking Financial Institutions such as MSBs, electronic money, APIs, merchant acquirers / Crypto currencies and crypto-assets business ideally from a cryptocurrency firm
- Well-versed in handling complex customer typologies and CDD escalations
- Demonstrated ability to adequately consider both operational effectiveness and customer experience
- Experience in paper drafting directed to senior audience
- At ease working with senior management and Executives in an advisory capacity
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong individual contributor but also a team player able to support their peers and manager
- Strong attention to detail and good judgment
- Strong work ethos and dedication
- Proactive and keen on taking the initiative
- Able to work independently and to appropriately prioritize
- Able to multi-task and manage the time in accordance with priorities and expectations
- Able to navigate and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Holds relevant professional FCC qualifications
- Additional languages are a bonus, specifically Dutch is highly desirable
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- ‘Fresh Air Fridays’ – the flexible option to finish early on a Friday where possible
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 days off per year to do something ‘bigger than Clear.Bank’ (Charity days)
- Competitive employee benefits and perks
- Remote-first working with access to London and Bristol offices
- Regular in-person and online socials
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- Flexible working practices
- You’ll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now!
The legal bit: By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to Clear.Bank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the Clear.Bank website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.