Position Type : Full time Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education) Education Desired : Bachelor of Law Travel Percentage : 1 - 5% Are you motivated and forward
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Law
Travel Percentage :
1 – 5%
Are you motivated and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial and passionate.
We are looking for a proactive and solution-oriented lawyer to provide legal and regulatory guidance in the fast paced global expansion of FIS’ payments business footprint.
FIS is a leading provider of technology solutions for merchants, banks and capital markets firms globally. Our more than 70,000 people are dedicated to advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests by applying our scale, deep expertise and data-driven insights. We help our clients use technology in innovative ways to solve business-critical challenges and deliver superior experiences for their customers. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS is a Fortune 500® company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
About the team
The FIS legal team is comprised of approximately 200 lawyers and paraprofessionals worldwide who enjoy being an advisor to and partner with our businesses to help the company achieve its goals. We work collaboratively with each other and with our business colleagues to solve problems in an effective and pragmatic manner. This is an exciting opportunity to join FIS regulatory compliance legal team to work on innovative payment solutions and services worldwide. The role requires an experienced regulatory counsel that balances a high-growth mindset and leadership with with world-class compliance and organizational skills.
What you will be doing
This role requires a balance between building (a) expanding into new jurisdictions and building new products and services with (b) the need to build a functional and effective compliance framework in each market of operations.
- Act as a legal advisor to FIS businesses and manage a small team focused on new markets/products and services.
- Provide advice and guidance to the sales and products teams in addressing regulatory compliance, licensing, business and reporting matters; as well as designing comprehensive risk assessment programs and policies.
- Coordinate, manage and validate advice from external counsel within a budget.
- Support our global expansion roadmap to accelerate speed to market.
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance on the design, modification and geographical expansion of products.
- Translate legal and regulatory requirements into functional specifications and standard operational procedures and provide ongoing regulatory advice and guidance on internal policies and changing regulations.
What you bring:
- Relevant qualification and substantial experience in payments industry or other regulated financial services industries.
- Confident and organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to provide sound legal advice, exercise good judgement, and work well with senior management and cross functional stakeholders.
- Subject matter expert in compliance and regulatory standards applicable to payment institutions, cryptocurrency businesses, or other highly regulated money service businesses in the applicable region(s) to ensure they are being met.
- Familiarity with and strong interest in emerging payments technology and the financial services industry.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience working in regulated environment of financial services industry.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with innovative payments industry
- Additional foreign language or experience working in more than one jurisdiction
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced international environment.
- Creative thinker; able to think and act strategically as well as tactically.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.