Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include :
- Providing remote technical support assistance to our clients using Problem Determination (PD) and Problem Source Identification (PSI) skills.
- In addition to determining recommendations for problem resolution, our engineers communicate action plans to our clients to ensure that the client is satisfied with steps towards resolution or the problem’s root cause.
- Our engineers continually flex their programming and technology skills through driving problem resolution using improvements to existing and/or new technical Support tools and procedures which can often include examining source code, providing feedback to development for product improvement, creating test cases, creating tools or providing debug modules to our clients.
- Produce coherent knowledge base articles to enable customers to resolve issues without further escalation
- This position is specifically for a Technical Support Engineer who will be part of a worldwide team responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting software problems within Cloud Integration organization, supporting IBM Aspera.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must be willing to work on a weekend rotation to lead diagnosis of critical customer outages.
- Immediate skills for an outstanding candidate include a strong understanding in container technologies, Kubernetes, Cloud skills, and networking protocols.
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix platforms
- Proficiency in networking skills, such as UDP and TCP
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues (networking, web apps, operating system, file system and user management) in the deployment of high-speed file transfer software in enterprise
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory/Group Policy, LDAP, SAML, SSO, etc.
- Scripting skills, such as Unix shell, Windows batch, Perl, Ruby or Python
- Basic skills in database server (MySQL) administration
- English language skills including read, write and speak
- Communication and customer focus skills –be able to understand customer problems and articulate current status to customers
- Communicate action plans to the client or IBM representative as appropriate
- Recommend and implement new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.