Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM, working as IBM Consultings’ technical delivery partner. We continually innovate for our customers, employees and shareholders. Our Technical Skills range from Application Development (Java, Front End, Full Stack, DevOps), Testing Services, Technical Support through to Microsoft. In addition to our technical expertise, we can cover Delivery through Project Managers & Project Analysts, Business or Data Analysts.
- Liaison between the application and the operating processes centrally defined by the customer
- Ensuring high-performance, efficient economic operation and optimal productive use of the application in accordance with performance and SLA requirements
- Solving incidents and problems in productive operation
- Management of activities in the event of a major incident
- Coordination of changes in the productive environment, e.g. switchovers, error analysis and correction or adaptations of interfaces
- Planning and coordination of technical changes together with system architects, system engineers and DBAs
- Collaboration in the design of the operational organisation, organisation of 2nd and 3rd level support as well as integration of new developments and components into the productive operation
- Release dates for the application
- Propose and coordinate releases and other small products with all parties involved (including various peripheral systems).
- Plan test phases
- Plan, deploy and provide system test environments (test, integration)
- Create release reports and communicate all changes
- Checking release content, assisting with acceptance tests
- Environment management in planning, coordination and environment maintenance (alert analysis, troubleshooting, analysis of interface problems, configuration adjustments, configuration management of various environments)
What we offer you:
- Individual career path
- Access to countless trainings and certification offerings
- A knowledge sharing culture
- An environment where you are actively contributing your ideas
- The possibility to work in projects in one of the largest IT companies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A degree in computer science or business IT or equivalent further training
- At least 4 years professional experience as an application operation manager or in comparable activities
- Experience in larger projects and high-availability applications
- Experience with monitoring tools (infrastructure and application monitoring)
- Good planning skills, strong knowledge in test planning and test reporting (SPLUNK, Jira etc.)
- Experience in error analysis in the IT technical environment
- Understanding of platform engineering
- Entrepreneurial mindset, independent action, strong communication skills and team and customer orientation
- Willingness to work nights and weekends (e.g. for release changes or operational tests)
- Good communication skills in English and German
- Swiss nationality or valid Swiss work permit / EU passport
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Confluence and Xray
- ITIL knowledge
- Experience in messaging (e.g. IBM MQ, solace) and with Orcale databases
- Experience with open source tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.