Introduction As the Commercial Middleware Modernization Developer, you will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise to clients on ways to modernize commercial middleware based applicati
As the Commercial Middleware Modernization Developer, you will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise to clients on ways to modernize commercial middleware based applications to OpenShift, a Kubernetes platform. Also, you will provide commercial middleware modernization tools and assets solution guidance. You are a technical SME, working with technical resources and project stakeholders to shape, implement and enable the cloud native transformation. The successful candidate will have deep hands-on experience with Commercial Middleware, database, and Cloud technology.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Design and develop solutions for Commercial Middleware modernization into container platform through modular design
- Create assets, deliver solutions and provide technical guidance for clients
- Develop solutions such as Cloud Container re-platform, refactor and re-architecture solution on Cloud modernization engagements for clients.
- Known as SME, with proven track record driving pattern identification and analysis of the middleware workloads, migrated & modernized to the target Cloud environment
- Participate in identifying application module-based System of Engagement (SOE), System of Interactions (SOI), and System of Record (SOR)
- Acts as a Trusted advisor for the client by listening to their pain points.
- Engages with client teams to co-create and implement Cloud Modernization strategy by identifying need for containerization, API, microservices creation or other forms of Modernization.
- Interfaces with stakeholders to clarify technical status in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate innovation across the solution and delivery phases by participating in Design thinking workshops and leveraging Agile methodologies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years of working experience as Specialist in Commercial middleware and Cloud technologies and 2+ years in hybrid cloud or app cloud modernization.
- Deep hands-on experience in applications integration using Commercial middleware such as Tibco, Oracle WebLogic or MuleSoft
- Hands-on experience with databases such as Oracle database, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Deep hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, Spring and/or Spring Boot and other related technologies – React, Angular
- Hands-on experience with Containerization, Container Management and Container security
- Hands-on experience with OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Understanding of Maven or Gradle based configuration management systems, GitHub/GITLab source code repository, Hudson and Jenkins build pipleline, Sonar Cube and Sonar Lint for static code analysis, Nexus and JFrog Artifactory for binary repositories
- Hands on experience in application development, API, and Microservices using various tools and frameworks and full-stack development.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Certification in at least one cloud provider: AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, or Google Cloud
- Knowledge in Middleware product suites and databases such as RedHat Fuse, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Apply knowledge of Cloud Foundry
- Experience in cloud infrastructure, network, security and operation architecture
- Experience on ETL, ESB and BPMs or Messaging (such as Talend, MQ)
- Experience with Event Technology platforms (such as Kafka, Kafka Connect)
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture
- Team player and team leadership
- Hands-on style
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM quiere que muestre toda su auténtica forma de ser en el trabajo, y eso para usted quizá implique tener la posibilidad de trabajar de manera flexible. Si está interesado en un patrón de trabajo flexible, póngase en contacto con nuestro equipo de selección de personal para ver si es posible en el entorno de trabajo actual.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.