In this role you’ll work on Microsoft-centred software development projects including IoT, 'Digital Twins', Blockchain, Azure, multi-cloud, Open Source coding &…...
In this role you’ll work on Microsoft-centred software development projects including IoT, ‘Digital Twins’, Blockchain, Azure, multi-cloud, Open Source coding & related solutions and more.
This will incorporate pre-sales, scoping, design and development work so is a fully rounded role at all stages of the SDLC.
Of course there will be a strong Azure flavour to the role (and integrations with C# / .Net environment) as majority of solutions will incorporate Microsoft platforms and Azure Cloud.
You’ll have the chance to harness your passion for leading edge technologies, with lots of hands-on architectural, coding, development and integration work.
There’s a large customer-facing element to the role including pre-sales and delivery (scope, design and develop) to understand how we can harness technological innovations and connect them to our clients’ business in a real-world scenarios.
Working as a Domain Solution Architect with Microsoft Services (MCS), you’ll envision, create and implement high quality architectural solutions and business outcomes based on the Microsoft Platform, working within the Azure Consulting CTO.
You’ll utilise your deep technical knowledge of Microsoft’s Domain Solutions in this area to foster transformational results and realise the vision for our B2B Customers and MCS business.
Make the Market, leading innovative Digital Transformation and Modernization projects.
Drive & Accelerate production-level Cloud Solutions in line with Customer and Microsoft strategy.
- Drive a positive Customer Experience by providing high quality delivery.
- Deliver Business and Operational Excellence.
- In all that you do, demonstrate Technical Leadership: Create Clarity, Generate Energy and Deliver Success
- Experience building solutions with emerging technologies – IoT Internet of things / Virtual Assistants / Blockchain / Digital Twins IoT
- Passion for new technologies and the ability to implement in real-world scenarios
- Proven success and expertise in architecting innovative solutions primarily in a client-facing role
- Strong knowledge & experience of the Domain Solutions and Offerings across the entire life-cycle, not only Microsoft technologies but open-source and / or cross platform also
- Strong understanding and experience with Azure and other Microsoft technologies
- Strong software development expertise (backend preferred but any frontend also awesome – we use lots of C# programming but also embrace other opensource programming languages
- Experience and critical focus on opportunity management and technical governance
- Deep Domain knowledge, ideally with experience in multiple sectors and industries
- Track record of delivering quality solutions as a technical leader
- Executes recognized, modern, Software Architecture methods, processes, and tools such as Agile, Scrum and DevOps
- Technical background, with significant technology-related experience with specific focus on the Application Development including Open Source technologies and modern microservices architectures
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent)
About Microsoft and MCS
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Cloud technologies.
We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country in which you work.