Other sectors, such as industry and insurance, also leverage GFT’s strong consulting and implementation skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies,…...
GFT is driving the digital transformation of the world’s leading financial institutions. Other sectors, such as industry and insurance, also leverage GFT’s strong consulting and implementation skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things for Industry 4.0, and blockchain.
With its in-depth technological expertise, strong partnerships and scalable IT solutions, GFT increases productivity in software development. This provides clients with faster access to new IT applications and innovative business models, while also reducing risk.
We are looking for a technologist to join the GFT team and help build out our rapidly expanding Google business. This position will be based in London but national and international travel will be required. GFT is a Premier Partner with Google, an Anthos and Apigee partner, a Tech Partner and a Reseller. We have offices in 11 countries and an international staff numbering around 5,000. We have 250 certified Google engineers globally, with a strategy to reach 1000.
We have created a new role – API Architect – within the team to strengthen our relationship with Google UK. As part of the very entrepreneurial GCP team you will be responsible for growing our Apigee capability. You will play a critical role in establishing credibility and confidence with prospective and existing clients as well as the Google’s Apigee team – joining and leading our bi-weekly sessions. You will combine software development, networking and system administration expertise with an aptitude for technical consulting, troubleshooting and analysis to define and lead our Apigee offering – for both cloud and on-prem. The role involves aspects of pre-sales, delivery and technical oversight working across multiple workstreams leading teams of various sizes.
- Develop a working relationship with the customer’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in emerging technologies
- Develop Proofs of Concept, presentations and demos with a clear plan to take a prospect successfully through the evaluation process and make them satisfied customers.
- Manage and lead the customer throughout the evaluation process through to closure.
- Coordinate and deliver RFP/I/Q responses and technical architecture solutions.
- Ability to identify and manage complex technical deliverables to meet program requirements
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing
- Strong technical architectural and design skills – particularly around API gateways, developer portals and API management
- Expert knowledge of Google Cloud Platform ecosystem
- Understanding of API Design Lifecycle
- Experience working with hybrid architectures where there are multiple API management solutions such as on-premise, private cloud and public cloud
- Hands-on experience with Apigee
- Experience writing OpenAPI (Swagger) API specs
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs).
- Experience with web services related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth.
- Expert knowledge of GCP Cloud Identity and IAM
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems
- Hands-on familiarity with middleware and cloud technologies like NOSQL data stores, Google Cloud, and mobile app development.
- Experience with cloud storage solutions, SQL database administration, Google App Engine, Cloud networking solutions, and/or distributed computing technology
- You should be able to clearly demonstrate you are a driven person who has achieved success in your career that goes above the normal.
- You should be able to demonstrate that you are a curious person, who is continuously learning
- You should be able to demonstrate that you are a strong team player, who is open to the views of others
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SAFe and Kanban
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated an aptitude in sales centric roles, typically in support of key sales personnel.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987 and located in 13 countries to ensure close proximity to its clients, GFT employs over 5,000 people. GFT provides them with career opportunities in all areas of software engineering and innovation. The GFT Technologies SE share is listed in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.