Company Description It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dyna
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As part of the Android engineering team for Verse, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhance our existing ones to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building excellent user experiences to help us connect the universe through payments.
- Create durable, well-tested software for millions of users around the world
- Build and evolve features in an application used and loved by almost a million users
- Be involved in the user experience design process, from wireframes and mockups through implementation and release
- Work closely with designers and business teams to define and implement elegant solutions to interesting problems
- Write unit, integration and UI tests to prevent bugs
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Collaborate with the Product team to plan new features and work with iOS and backend engineers
- Have a meaningful impact on the future Verse
- Relocation Package and Visa Sponsorship provided
- Square Equity
- Healthcare coverage
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness Perks
- Paid parental Leave
- Learning and Development Resources
Who we’re looking for: *
- BS/BA in Computer Science or similar background in technical field
- Proven work experience as an Android Developer
- Solid portfolio of released applications on the Google Play Store
- In-depth knowledge of Kotlin and Java
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs (RxJava / RxJava 2)
- Experience in scalability and architecture
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
NOTE: Block is an International company with English as the primary language. Please submit your full application and CV in English_
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Job Type: Full-time