job description. Opera is a leading global internet brand with an engaged and growing base of over 360 million average monthly active users. Building on over 20 years of innovation, starting with our
Opera Sweden is looking for an Android developer to our new Cryptocurrency team.
We are the first major browser to natively integrate a crypto wallet. As an Android developer in our cryptocurrency team, you will be on the cutting edge of building the “web 3” and helping make Bitcoin and Ethereum first class citizens of the modern internet.
You will be a part of a small, focused and supportive team of developers, QA:s and business developers. We use Lean principles for day to day work and best technical practices. We work hard together to reach our goals and make the blockchain available for more people . We also understand that work life balance is important to be able to perform and offer flexible working hours.
- Building pixel-perfect front-ends from design and interaction mockups
- Taking part in our design and architecture discussions
- Interacting with our UX design team
- Reviewing the client code of other developers
- Integrating back- and front-end components
- An opportunity to experience the thrill and challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge global user base
- A flat org structure and friendly atmosphere where we learn and grow together
- A place in the team that works on the most cutting edge technologies
- A flexible work environment
- Great company benefits
- 2+ years of experience in developing Android applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- CI/CD principles
- Version control using git
- Engineering knowledge: your code should be well structured and comprehensible by other humans, not just computers
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Strong knowledge about web technologies
- Experience of developing features for a mass-market consumer product
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be processed on a continuous basis so we look forward to your application as soon as possible.