Moody’s Investors Service (MIS) is a renowned organization, one well recognized for its unparalleled thought leadership and global financial credit ratings expertise, which it has provided for over 10
In support of our drive for continued innovation within Moody’s Investors Service (MIS), we have recently established a Decentralized Finance and Digital Assets (DFDA) team which is a new and highly visible department focusing on strategic objectives related to Blockchain, Digital/ Crypto-assets, and DeFi. DFDA team is hiring a
Legal & Policy Analyst who will ensure that MIS fully recognizes and stays ahead of all policy developments in an extremely fast-paced and evolving global regulatory climate. This is a high-profile opportunity for someone with good knowledge in Blockchain, Digital/ Crypto-assets or DeFi, and passionate about using their legal competence, while engaging with traditional and new stakeholders, internally and externally.
The duties include:
- Conduct regulatory, policy, and legal research and analysis related to the Blockchain and crypto-assets in financial markets; synthesize information in an easy-to-digest manner for internal (and external) audiences highlighting key takeaways, potential implications, and recommended action items
- Maintain legislative database
- Monitor and analyze international, federal, and state regulatory and policy developments in the Blockchain, Defi and Digital Assets space
- Assist in drafting and editing materials, including one-pagers, opinions, talking points, special comments on legal and regulatory developments, requests for information, formal correspondence, and more.
- Assist in interacting with regulators, policymakers, and other influential third-party organizations and thought leaders
- Track and support policy related public and invite-only events around the world
- Pursue and maintain professional and technical knowledge of the blockchain ecosystem to establish professional network for Moody’s
- Track our overall engagement and manage compliance to develop and nurture long-term relationships
- Provide strategic planning and guidance on related policies to Moody’s leadership and other teams, on trends and developments in the legislative landscape
- Engage with academics, think tanks, and other outside validators to stay abreast of public policy debates around Blockchain, Defi and Digital Assets
- 3-5 years of experience in working or advising on policy issues around nascent and emerging technology in government, civil society, client services or relevant legal experience at law firm or in-house
- Knowledge of the blockchain or digital/crypto asset legal and policy landscape and broader ecosystem is required for this role
- Advanced Legal or Policy degree preferred (e.g., M.S., J.D., MPP, etc.)
- Effective research, writing and communication skills with ability to relay complex policy and regulatory issues in an easy-to-understand manner
- Understanding of policy making process, including legislative and executive branch processes
- Knowledge of and curiosity interest in financial services
- Experience in Credit Markets, a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with accountability to clear targets, deadlines and outcomes; execution-focus with an ability to flawlessly juggle multiple priorities at once
- Strategic problem solver who exhibits intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, and ability to succeed when given a high degree of autonomy
- Location preference is New York, but will consider London, Paris or another office location
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity