In support of our drive for continued innovation within Moody's Investors Service (MIS), we have recently established a Decentralized Finance and Digital Assets (DFDA) team to develop MIS’ strategy fo
In support of our drive for continued innovation within Moody’s Investors Service (MIS), we have recently established a Decentralized Finance and Digital Assets (DFDA) team to develop MIS’ strategy for Blockchain, Digital/ Crypto Assets and Decentralized Finance (DeFi). This team will help direct cross-MIS efforts to ensure Analytical, Operational, and Technology preparedness to participate in digital financial markets – from understanding the impact of digital assets in the rating process and in our credit views, to being able to ingest and process data, and disseminate content via blockchain platforms. The DFDA team will partner with internal stakeholders across Moody’s Corporation to build relevant skills and capabilities, and to develop appropriate control frameworks. The team will also lead MIS’ engagement with external stakeholders. This illustrates our commitment to invest with intent to grow our existing alignment of talent and business needs in a manner which advances progress of MIS’ strategic initiatives.
The duties of Blockchain and Token Economy Research Analyst include:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of blockchain economy, digital/ crypto asset markets, and decentralized finance (DeFi)
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research
- Assist in designing novel economic and crypto-economic frameworks based on identified problems in the evolving industry and customer requirements
- Research on existing tokenomics in the market, token operating models, applications, usability, ecosystem designs (token issuance, implementation, etc.), strategies used for tokens introduction on the secondary market (CEX, DEX), post-issuance controls, etc.
- Develop economic designs to monitor supply and breeding systems based on key metrics to measure the demand, taking into consideration:
- unique factors (financials, sensitivity, transaction amounts, supply, etc.) and
- constraints that are associated with respective platform token’s geography, industry, market position, goals, and other unique parameters
- Design and run simulations for stress testing and back-testing of platform token’s risk parameters; and analyze on-chain and market data through various analytics and data science tools to draw conclusions on the market
- Map well-explored economic mechanisms and models to prepare easy-to-digest analyses around token mechanisms on specific protocols and ecosystems for internal (and external) stakeholders
- Participate in crypto communities, document market research results, and expand Moody’s knowledge base
**Potential for relocation or remote work for the right candidate**
- PhD in economics or in a quantitative science field (including Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics) with an economics concentration or experience. Master’s degrees with relevant work experience will be considered
- Experience in applying analytical methods, such as statistical analysis, modeling, forecasting, and simulation
- Proficiency in econometric and statistical packages, including but not limited to STATA, Eviews, Matlab, SPSS, AMPL, etc., and programming languages like Python, R, etc.
- Applied knowledge of behavioral economics and understanding of economic mechanisms and simulation of user behavior a plus
- Postgraduate research in economics – published works, and research in scientific journals and repositories
- Excellent understanding or experience developing monetization mechanisms
- Experience applying stochastic methods to modeling economic concepts and systems
- Good understanding of Web3, blockchain technology, digital/ crypto assets, smart contracts, Defi, Metaverse, and other related concepts
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement . Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law . Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement .
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity