AML Operations Specialist
Who we are Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe’s most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As an AML Operations Specialist at Bitpanda, your mission is to mitigate money laundering and terrorist financing risks and to ensure compliance with applicable regulations in the anti-financial crime field. You are well-versed in preventing financial crimes which are perpetrated in the cryptocurrency environment, and demonstrate a strong problem-solving mindset.
What you’ll do:
- Perform day-to-day reviews for Source of Funds and / or Source of Wealth (crypto and fiat), oversee customers’ financial activities, spot any red flags on users’ accounts and apply relevant measures.
- Analyse users’ financial data both related to retail and business customers, as well as explanations and additional documents that may be requested to assess the origin of the funds to identify and report potential suspicious activity.
- Conduct investigations using variety of tools (i.e. Chainalysis), databases and OSINT, prepare investigation reports and escalate cases to AMLO, also suggesting if a SAR has to be filed or not.
- Provide insight and recommendations for streamlining and enhancing the various activities related to the Proof of Funds and Transaction Monitoring processes.
- Be proactively involved in projects that may be launched to enhance the AML Operations main processes, also with the support of new technologies (e.g. Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning).
Who you are:
- At least 2 years of proven success in a similar role, gained in management consulting firms, FinTechs, startups, or VASPs with non-face-to-face customers.
- Strong knowledge of the cryptocurrencies field, with proven experience in digital assets compliance.
- Knowledge and experience working with at least one investigation tool connected to cryptocurrency transactions (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic).
- Comprehensive understanding of all types of financial crime patterns and of the AML / CTF landscape, with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Preference to work afternoons and evenings (3:30pm until midnight), Tuesday to Saturday.
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
- These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.