AML/CFT Officer – French Market
Our mission ? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, w
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We’re open. We’re honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the
Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 89/100 in 2022 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
AML/CFT team, referring to the Operations department, performs operational controls to ensure our client base is not exposed to Money-laundering or Terrorist Financing risks.
You will join a team of 8 people, led by Amilcar, our Team Lead for the French Market. You will perform operational controls to ensure our client base is not exposed to Money-laundering or Terrorist Financing risks.
As an AML/CFT Officer at Qonto, you will
- Identify and investigate suspicious activity/flows through automated and manual alerts.
- Analyze financial documents and statements to identify any suspicious patterns.
- Communicate with the customers and counterparts in order to obtain key information.
- Support other teams such as Onboarding, Customer Service, and Banking Operations when there are suspicions regarding a customer.
- Work in alignment with the Financial Security team, who is in charge of declaring the cases handled by AML.
What you can expect
- A great team of 40+ AML Officers;
- Responsibilities and decision-making;
- Hyper-growth & international environment;
- Room for improvement in the AML department.
Your Future Manager
His path: Prior to Qonto, Amilcar worked for several years as a commercial lawyer in his native Panama and headed the Legal and Compliance department for one of the most important insurance companies in the South American and Caribbean region. After completing a Master’s in Financial Regulation and Risk Management at SciencesPo – Paris, he decided to make a career change and left the insurance sector to work in the neo-banking industry. He has been working at Qonto for two years and currently leads the AML team in France, specializing in fraud through different payment methods, from the most classic ones as well as more recent and innovative instruments such as cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and the entire blockchain universe.
What he can bring to you: Amilcar is very didactic and loves to transmit the knowledge he has acquired through his years of experience and studies. He is always friendly and open to communication and teamwork. He is committed to fully developing the skills of the agents in his team, assisting in the evolution of their professional careers, and being a support for them to achieve all their goals.
- Experience: You have a first experience as an AML/CFT officer;
- Problem-solving: You have been trained in problem-structuring and analysis in a consulting firm or bank for at least 6 months;
- Analytical mindset: You are comfortable with numbers and have a good command of Excel for day-to-day use;
- Organizational skills: You are extremely rigorous and curious;
- Synthesis: You have a capacity for synthesis and know how to look at the big picture of your subjects;
- Languages: You are fluent both in French and English.
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know ️
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
- A central fully-renovated building in Barcelona with WeWork services
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 23 days of paid leave + 5 additional days of paid leave
- Alan (Seguro) health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health and gym access with Urban Sports Club
- An Edenred lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an
interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts
20 working days and offers usually follow within