Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worl
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 40 billion in circulation and supported over $1.3 trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Analyst, you’ll join our AML and Sanctions Team helping understand the sanctions risks posed by our customers and transactions. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in financial crime compliance, who is extremely customer focused and enjoys solving problems.
What you’ll work on:
- Reviewing sanctions, PEP and adverse media alerts for customers and transactions.
- Liaising with customers to obtain counterparty information.
- Rescreening customers, vendors and employees on a periodic basis.
- Conducting testing and tuning of third party screening tools.
- Maintaining procedures documenting the sanctions and screening processes.
- Working with product and engineering teams to enhance sanctions screening and geographic control tools.
- Helping risk rate countries and implementing controls based on changes to the risk profile of each country.
- Assisting AML team with other tasks as needed.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- B.A./B.S. degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
- 2+ years experience performing screening or KYC at a financial institution, ideally in FinTech.
- Experience with screening systems (e.g., LexisNexis Bridger, Fircosoft, Thomson Reuters).
- Strong knowledge of OFAC, HMT, EU and UN sanctions requirements.
- Proven experience handling large datasets efficiently and effectively; SQL experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of different payment mechanisms, including wires, ACH, cards, and cryptocurrency.
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgement.
- Ability to maintain a strong operational focus with the ability to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.
- CGSS, CAMS, or CFCS certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.