AML Analyst Job Description About Uphold Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We ope
Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience – ‘Anything-to-Anything’ – allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step – physical gold to Bitcoin, for example – saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you. Apply here!
Uphold is looking for a Financial Crime Reporting and CDD Analyst to join our Compliance Operations team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to protect the company from exposure to financial crime.
As a Financial Crime Reporting and CDD Analyst your role will be to monitor and review customer activity raising suspicious activity reports to the law enforcement. Review and update customer and client due diligence ensuring strict adherence to the firms KYC policies and procedures and Anti Money Laundering (AML) compliance requirements.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Completing CDD and EDD (onboarding) of Uphold customers and VIP clients.
- Conduct ongoing transaction monitoring to ensure the business is protected from financial crime.
- Master various compliance platforms and systems to streamline department workflow.
- Responsible for identifying suspicious activity and following the process to report these where required.
- Monthly Compliance monitoring.
- Involvement in the development of new systems to improve efficiency.
- Involvement in the delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical, business driven approach.
- Stay updated by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Conduct client remediation file reviews.
- Responding to queries from various business units promptly and efficiently.
- Support the delivery of compliance training to new members of the department.
- Work closely with the Head of Compliance to identify any major issues in relation to compliance.
- Minimum 2 years working within the financial services industry.
- A working and current understanding of Fraud and AML typologies within financial services.
- A good understanding of risk and the three lines of defence.
- Professional Qualifications or studying towards professional qualifications such as those offered by ACAMS/the International Compliance Association I.e. Certificate in Anti Money Laundering, Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention, Advanced Certificate in Anti Money Laundering.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills – written, verbal and excellent telephone manner with the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
- Attention to detail.
- Information gathering.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (particularly Office 365, Excel, Word, Dynamics and PowerPoint), and the SharePoint system.
- Numeric – ability to understand and interpret figures.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture – we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better – together.