Advanced Support Engineer - GenO (m/w/*) IC1-22000EXD Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages : English, German Preferre
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages
: English, German
Start your success story with GenO
Are you passionate about changing lives through technology driving innovation to our customers adopting Oracle Cloud? Are you eager to learn, grow, and succeed in shaping your future? We’ll help you find your calling and kick-start an extraordinary career in a leading company as Oracle is.
Generation Oracle (GenO) is Oracle’s brand new career development initiative, focused on identifying and advancing early-in-career and returnship talent through a tailored Consulting programme. GenO delivers learning, continuous development and clear, accessible career paths whilst offering the opportunity to influence and help steer our business into the future.
Join us as an Advanced Support Engineer
Become an advanced support Engineer and help our customers to make well informed decisions regarding the implementation, management and use of Oracle technologies.
As part of the Advanced Customer Services programme, you will be a member of the international network of experts, who will contribute to global technology driven initiatives and innovation programs for continuous service improvements.
- The Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is a unit within Oracle’s Customer Service Organization that enables long term advanced support relationships with many of Oracle’s largest customers.
- Click here for more information about ACS
- Advanced Support Engineers (ASE) provide support in the continuous operational improvement of Oracle environments.
- ASEs do this by leveraging Oracle’s support-based intellectual property and customers’ experiences throughout their involvement with Oracle’s technologies.
- Our goal is for every customer to gain ever-more value from their Oracle Solutions by helping them make well informed decisions regarding the implementation; management and use of Oracle technologies.
- Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying Oracle policies and procedures.
- Able to demonstrate time management.
- Goal oriented individual.
- Able to complete individual goals as well as work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate using technical concepts. Working knowledge of Oracle products a plus but not necessary.
- Professional demeanor.
- Availability to work in scheduled out of hours operations when required.
What you’ll do
- Learn from experts and contribute to bring value to our customers leveraging on Oracle’s international network of experts
- Use Oracle internal tools, resources and network to learn and stay up to date with on innovation and leading technologies
- Contribute as a team member on customer projects together with Oracle experts and leaders.
- Consult with clients to understand their business requirements and map them to our solutions and services.
- Learn how to design solutions using Oracle leading technology and Consulting methods, tools and best practices
- Support Customer relationships with ACS focused on collaborative, long-term partnerships.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor degree or up to 4 years relevant experience.
- Technical aptitude: You have an interest, understanding and curiosity in cloud technology concepts such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Machine Learning, DevOps, Security and Oracle Cloud infrastructure
- Fluency in English.
- Communication skills: You have an ability to collaborate and present concepts clearly.
- Innovation: You’re open to new ideas and challenges
- Agility: You’re a pro at embracing change. Your self-confidence helps you learn and adapt wherever you go.
- Drive: You have a “roll-up-the-sleeves” and “get the job done” attitude.
- Resilient and capable of working effectively under pressure.
- Strong organization, negotiation and planning skills
- High energy: You’re optimistic, always eager to interact and influence people.
- Teamwork: You’re a fantastic team player who also loves smashing individual goals.
- Critical thinking: You’re a natural strategist who can analyze situations, identify issues, and solve problems creatively.
- Love & passion for customer success.
What we’ll give you
- Significant investment in your professional development and a social network of resources and thought leaders inside Oracle.
- Fun and flexible work for the ideal work-life balance
- An inspiring, inclusive, and multicultural community that values fresh perspectives.
- A buddy program: a senior expert will be assigned to work closely with you to help you making connections and learning the business.
- World-class professional training from industry experts.
- A defined career progression based on annual performance and personal development followed closely by a direct manager.
- The opportunity to engage with a variety of customers in multiple areas.
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits that will help you do your best work.
Follow Oracle Careers
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Systems Engineer, you will interface with the customer*s IT staff on a regular basis. Either at the client*s site or from a remote location, you will be responsible for resolution of moderately complex technical problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use and repair/workarounds for Oracle products. You should have knowledge of some Oracle products and one platform that is being supported. You will be expected to work with only general guidance from senior engineers and management and, in some areas may work independently.
Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and procedures. A Bachelor*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Other Locations: DE-DE,Germany-Frankfurt am Main, DE-DE,Germany-MÜNCHEN, DE-DE,Germany-Berlin, DE-DE,Germany-DÜSSELDORF
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire