Accounts Receivable and Billing Assistant
Copper is a digital asset technology company dedicated to helping institutional investors safely acquire, trade, and store crypto assets. Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and fin
Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper’s offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
Key Responsibilities of the role
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Play a key role in the Accounts Receivable function from invoice generation to collections
- Support the Account Receivable Manager in the design and adoption of new reporting formats and control procedures
- Work with the reporting team to ensure a complete and reconciled sales ledger at all times
- Support the Accounts Receivable Manager in providing revenue data to FP&A team to assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Collaborate with the broader finance team to produce best-in-class management information, insightful analysis and commentary on financial performance
- Business partner with sales/revops/account management and other business areas to ensure that invoices are paid in a timely manner and any questions or queries are answered efficiently
- Liaise with trading team and treasury to manage exposures on invoice settlements made with cryptocurrencies
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- You will have experience working within an accounts receivable team, processing invoices, liaising with customers and chasing cash collections.
- An awareness of financial controls and an understanding of the Accounts Receivable reporting requirements.
- Accountable to ensure there is complete data input for the sales ledger reconciliation process.
- Experience working alongside a treasury team or exposure to bank reconciliations and cash receipts allocations.
- Can demonstrate previous experience working with large volumes of customer invoices and reconciling and chasing payments in an effective and timely manner
- An excellent team player, but also has the ability to work autonomously and collaborate with the team for all Accounts Receivable matters
- Intermediate level excel skills
Good to have:
- An understanding of balance sheets and cash flows and P&L’s and how an Accounts Receivable team impacts them.
- Experience working in a fast paced, start-up industry
- General knowledge of blockchain infrastructure and digital asset
The benefits offered
- 25 days annual leave a yearin addition to bank holiday entitlement (plus an additional days annual leave for each year of service, capped at 30days)
- BUPA Private medical care: Individual
- BUPA Private Dental care: Individual
- Pension matched up to 10%
- Home Working Energy Support scheme
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Classpass membership
- Unmind membership
Alongside the above benefits you will be entitled to joining our company growth share scheme and the discretionary performance based bonus and our company.
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love you to apply for the opportunity.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.