TransferZero is our B2B2C product, which provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while BFX is our B2B over-the…...
AZA is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, TransferZero and BFX, AZA is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets. TransferZero is our B2B2C product, which provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while BFX is our B2B over-the-counter platform for businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala and Dakar.
AZA Finance is currently seeking an accounting SAP Consultant to join the organisation on a 6-month fixed term contract. The company has on its roadmap plans to migrate the accounting and treasury operations to SAP (S/4HANA Cloud ERP) and the post-holder will be responsible for the success of SAP. The candidate will help design workflow architecture, change management, accounting processes, and migrating historical data. The successful candidate who will act as our in-house SAP expert must have experience with multi-currency accounting, FX profit and loss, system migrations to SAP, and g/l accounting experience. This is role is a fully remote but open to candidates based in London, Madrid and Nairobi
- Contribute to large-scale, global work streams requiring specific knowledge of SAP within the Finance function.
- Complete historical data migration from previous accounting system to SAP.
- Train fellow team members on SAP process, protocols, and workflows.
- Work with AZA’s third-party consultant on technical setup, bank integrations, user access, and complex reconciliation.
- Design best practices and ensure global compliance across multiple teams.
- Own the S/4HANA product and be the go-to person for all things S/4HANA
- 4 – 8 years of accounting work experience with S/4HANA.
- CPA, CA, MBA, or equivalent certification.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with system migration.
- Top-notch problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with remote work and distance from manager.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and incurable optimism.
- Degree from top university.
Nice to haves:
- Payments industry and/or international experience.
- Advance degree (MBA, MS, MSc, etc.) or certification (CFA, CPA, etc.).
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling start-ups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.