At Deloitte, we deliver the solutions and insights our clients need to address their most complex business challenges. As the world’s largest global professional services and consulting network, Deloitte Ireland has nearly 3,000 people providing audit & assurance, tax and legal, consulting, risk advisory, and corporate finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Our Audit and Assurance practice is a market leading player delivering a range of audit and advisory services to a broad range of national and international clients in every business sector. Our
professionals’ primary focus is adding value to businesses while applying the highest standards of professional integrity, objectivity, independence and technical excellence.
At Deloitte, we trust our people to make the right choices around how, where and when they work. Our empowered hybrid way of working allows you to be collaborative, learn from colleagues, share your experiences, build the relationships that will fuel your career and work on individual projects in a way that works for you and our clients. Deloitte Works is built on trust and allows our people to have flexibility and control in how they work. If you apply for a role, please speak to your recruiter or hiring manager to discuss hybrid working and how it could work for you. Read more about Deloitte Works
Deloitte will ensure any reasonable accommodations are implemented as part of the recruitment and selection process.
Deloitte is an equal opportunities employer.
Service line: Assurance
The assurance team within our practice is committed to excellence, providing specialist advisory services such as Accounting Operations Advisory, Business Assurance (blockchain, emerging external reporting), complex accounting assurance, and disruptive events assurance.
This advisory role gives our professionals the opportunity to support some of our largest clients by working alongside them in a seconded role into the client’s finance team. This gives our people a full view and experience of finance activities from the advisory and industry lens. Typically, the day to day activities could include:
Lead statutory reporting preparation, compliance activities and governance processes for specific entities and support any associated audits.
Responsibility for maintenance of the GL, intercompany accounting and reconciliations
Complete adjustments, accruals and other types of journal entries in accordance with the applicable financial reporting standards and control framework.
Delivering month end and year end accounts
The nature of finance work and how functions partner with their business stakeholders is fundamentally changing. Business as usual for finance today will not be sufficient in the coming years as digitization and transformation drives changes to finance controllership.
Accounting Operations Advisory services recognize that Finance leaders need a partner they can work collaboratively with to evaluate their people, processes, infrastructure & controls, and to deliver practical and pragmatic solutions to address increasing demands, existing inefficiencies, and impacts of new technologies, while ensuring Finance remains honest to its core activities.
We are looking for a well-rounded finance professional, with capabilities across a number of technical disciplines, into our growing Accounting Operations Advisory business. We are looking to recruit individuals with an audit, assurance, or industry background. This opportunity would be ideal for newly qualified accountants who are looking to utilise and broaden their existing skillsets outside of Audit.
As part of this role, you will be focused on modernizing the finance function and will typically be involved in some of the following key offerings:
- Accounting diagnostic and enhancement
- Finance process improvement projects
- Chart of Accounts (review, rationalisation, re-design)
- Month End optimisation (Close, Consolidate, Report optimisation)
- Finance Vision and other finance workshops
- System / tool selection services and implementation support
- Target operating Model Design
- Design and implement new reporting requirements
Your day-to-day role will also include the following activities:
- Oversee the full cycle, planning through execution, of projects and preparation of client deliverables;
- Contribute to business development and the strengthening of client relationships;
- Should opportunities arise, serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally;
- Contribute to market-facing and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns;
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel; and
- Mentor and develop teams of advisory resources.
Your professional experience
- ACA, CA, CPA or ACCA designation, or similar
- Understanding of business processes and internal controls (SOX experience is an added benefit)
- Understanding of Financial Reporting Standards
- Basic understanding or working knowledge of finance systems and controllership tools such as (SAP, Oracle, BlackLine and Workiva)
- Experience in Data Analytics/Visualization (Tableau/Power BI) tools and translating Finance data into insights considered an asset
- Strong communication, facilitation, and presentation skills