Accountant with Portuguese
Introduction A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe. You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to
A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be supported by mentors and coaches who will encourage you to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and learning opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Accounts Payable Team Member works on rule based decision making and does transaction processing in the area of invoice processing according to agreed process maps and Desktop Procedures or other guidelines agreed with client. Team member in Purchase to Pay department interacts with vendors, clients, third party providers. Seeks and exchanges information, ideas and concepts to actively support any Continuous Improvement initiatives or other process and/or tools improvements. Is responsible for realization improvements established by Delivery Excellence. Ensures that the daily activities, both individual and back up’s, are fulfilled according to the timetable, procedures and business goals as agreed with team leader. Prioritizes work and executes based on importance and impact. Ensures achievement of AP targets as defined by Team Leader, Manager and contractual SLAs (CPI, KPI, GPI, etc.). Raising AP process improvements ideas on team meetings. Recommend improvements to existing procedures and processes. Quickly react on processing errors raised by client/vendor, errors correction and improvements based on ‘lessons learnt’. Knows and obeys all internal IBM procedures.
In this role, you’ll work in one of our IBM Consulting Client Innovation Centers (Delivery Centers), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. Our delivery centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
- Minimize the volume of the documents to be processed manually (reduced rate of exceptions)
- Perform document indexing/OCR data completion
- Perform validation of the documents according to client business requirements
- Handle exceptions in the process
- Manage of invoice rejection
- Process AP documents according to the procedure agreed with the client
- Ensure processing invoices according to the agreed targets
- Perform accounting for prepayments
- Communicate effectively and timely to resolve issues
- Contribute to group success of meeting and/or exceeding operational metrics
What makes IBM BTO unique:
- Global communication: want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you!
- Flexibility: employee development matters to us, that’s why every vacancy is open for internal recruitment
- Diversity: different nationalities united in one team
- Initiative: have ideas for improvements? We want to hear them!
We guarantee you:
- Job contract
- The opportunity to participate in training and language courses
- An extensive benefits package (Multisport, OK System, private medical healthcare, life insurance, cinema tickets)
- An induction training that will allow you to smoothly transition into your new role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA/BS degree (or other relevant skills and equivalent experience)
- Minimum 6 months relevant work experience in a corporate environment
- Strong soft skills, including proven ability to turn frustrated customers into happy customers
- Excellent communication skills, including full working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Experience working with finance or accounting-related products
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively multitask and work independently
- Experience with Google Docs suite of products
- Portuguese B1+
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.