Accountant (Treasury Tech Support)
Introduction A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe. You'll work with visionaries across multiple industrie
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Alphabet’s Treasury team consists of creative, strong performers with deep expertise in their respective fields. Acquisitions are important to comapny’s business and Treasury activities are adequately overseen to ensure infrastructure, liquidity, and associated risks are managed tightly. This position is an integral part of the Treasury Banking Operations BPO program to enable Alphabet to be a global multi-billion dollar business and support our ability to build for and impact the next billion users.
In this role, you will support day-to-day IHB integration activities by working collaboratively across finance to plan and execute all activities associated with newly acquired companies. You will gain familiarity with the scope of each Treasury workstream and assist in driving the timely completion of integration milestones. This role will require ongoing management of IHB Treasury activities, communication and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders, demonstrate adaptability and provide valuable insights in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you’ll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Create new users and provision appropriate access rights in treasury systems, enabling users to perform their respective job functions
- Work with users to successfully login to treasury portals
- Remove user access when no longer required, either due to departure from company or role change
- Reset user access as necessary
- Provide bank statements to necessary stakeholders via statement download from banking portal or provisioning statement access on an adhoc basis
- Provide user access reports via report download from system portal or manual/automated creation
- Manage Treasury System Access ticket queue
- Handle and resolve assigned tickets in a timely manner and monitor outstanding items
- Work with banking partners and/or customer to troubleshoot system access issues and portal discrepancies on an ad-hoc basis
- Communicate and collaborate with customer to ensure timely submission of reports according to agreed reporting frequency and ensure that KPI deliverables are met
What we offer you:
- Extensive benefits package (Multisport, OK System, private medical healthcare, life insurance, cinema tickets)
- An induction training that will allow you to smoothly transition into your new role – you will receive training from your colleagues to help you land in your job and you’ll also act as a trainer for assigned trainer-delivered, workshadow or recurring courses
- Learning: the opportunity to learn and grow your expertise taking part in trainings and language courses – global communication: want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you!
- Flexibility: employee development matters to us, that’s why every vacancy is open for internal recruitment
- Diversity: different nationalities united in one team
- Teamwork: no one is left behind! You will back-up team members when the circumstances require extra support. We are a connected team that flows.
- Innovation: we keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation. Do you have any ideas for improvements? We want to hear them!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience)
- Communication skills including full working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and ability to learn quickly
- Experience with or ability to learn Google Docs Suite
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Analytical skills with the ability to review complex business operations and develop recommendations are a plus
- Experience working with finance and with international teams is a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.