Introduction The primary goal of the program is to provide additional controls within the Payment Operations team over supplier invoice accuracy to ensure that goods and services at contractually agr
The primary goal of the program is to provide additional controls within the Payment Operations team over supplier invoice accuracy to ensure that goods and services at contractually agreed rates are paid. The process includes steps to verify pricing and check agreement to the underlying contracts. Your role will be to check the validity of the invoices that are received broadly by P2P team. You need to understand the basics of Accounts Payable and you need to act thoroughly to understand the differences between the contractual agreement and the invoice we are receiving. You provide suggestions, enhancements and other process improvements to ensure we are constantly improving the user experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What makes IBM BTO unique:
- global communication: want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you!
- flexibility: employee development matters to us, that’s why every vacancy is open for internal recruitment
- diversity: different nationalities united in one team
- Initiative: have ideas for improvements? We want to hear them!
We guarantee you:
- job contract
- the opportunity to participate in training and language courses
- an extensive benefits package (Multisport, OK System, private medical healthcare, life insurance, cinema tickets)
- an induction training that will allow you to smoothly transition into your new role
Scope of duties:
- Collaborate with global set of IBM team members
- Improve the internal efficiency of identifying the difference between invoice and Statement of Work
- Communicate effectively and timely to resolve issues
- Perform validation tasks
- Contribute to group success of meeting and/or exceeding operational metrics
- Verify pricing and check the underlying contracts
- Using provided tools to improve the quality and accuracy of the process
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 6 months relevant work experience in a corporate environment
- Strong soft skills including proven ability to turn frustrated customers into happy customers, and communicate to employees at all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication skills including full working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Experience working with finance or accounting-related products
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively multitask and work independently
- Experience with Google Docs suite of products
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Additional languages are a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.