R3 is an enterprise software firm that is pioneering digital industry transformation. With our foundation in enterprise blockchain technology, we power solutions that deliver trust across the financia
Our team of over 350 professionals operates in 13 countries worldwide, supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts from R3’s global ecosystem.
We are looking for an Accountant to join the finance team. This position will support accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and tax compliance for R3. The position will report directly to the Group Financial Controller.
Responsibilities – Accounting
- Responsible for transactional level postings across General Ledger accounts including but not limited to accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, deferred & accrued income and cash.
- Contribute to the production of month end management accounts, including P&L and Balance Sheet with supporting analytical narrative for multiple entities and products
- Prepare complete and accurate balance sheet positions, supported through monthly balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analysis
- Support external audit effort by preparing schedules, providing documentation and responding to queries as needed
- Adhere to Company’s internal control framework and propose controls as needed for new processes and to improve existing ones
Responsibilities – Business Reporting and Planning
- Support the Finance Manager in the provision of accurate and timely monthly financials to senior management, providing analysis and projections of current and future performance
- In conjunction with the wider Finance team and Senior Management support the production of an annual plan and longer term 3 year plan
Responsibilities – Taxation
- Coordinate tax compliance for US federal, state and local tax processes, ensuring all direct and indirect tax returns are completed, filed and paid on time
- Serve as liaison between the Company, external tax advisors and tax authorities to respond to communications received