Company Description Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw s
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Square Europe Sales team is looking for an Account Executive to join our growing team. You will be a brand ambassador for Square Spain and will help find opportunities for Square to help Spanish businesses grow. You’ll use insights and deep Square product knowledge to educate and support sellers, understanding how our ecosystem of products can fit different types of businesses. You will work with Square sellers of all sizes, from small family run businesses to larger strategic partnerships, and will report to the Head of Sales for Europe.
- Connect with Spanish customers by email and phone, quickly establishing trust and building value
- Prioritise your pipeline daily for maximum efficiency
- Understand complex requirements and help create custom solutions
- Work with Europe and global Square Sales, Marketing, Product and Partnership teams
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help large value Spanish customers to further grow their businesses
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem
- Develop commercially sound business cases across a wide variety of use-cases
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Maintain current understanding of Europe and global Square sales processes
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
- Experienced in a sales position achieving quarterly goals
- Passionate for technology and the industry Square operates in
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experienced assessing business opportunities and reading prospective buyers
- The ability to gather support from internal experts and external partners to position Square in the market
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, and the ability to inspire passion in others
- An interest in implementing feedback, and improving your sales abilities
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.